Read Sara’s story on why she did…
I went to my first yoga class in 1999 at the urging of my sister. She felt it would really help my back pain and it did. It also ended up bringing a whole lot more than pain relief to my life.
I’ll admit I was bored at first. I didn’t think Yoga was for me. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Yoga is for everyone!
My journey with Yoga and into Teacher Training:
Like most people, my life was full. Raising two young daughters with a husband who travelled extensively, I was in overwhelm. Yoga provided a place for my own exploration and healing independent of being a wife and mother. Something deep within me began to shift in the way I thought about my life.
After taking a workshop with YogaMotion back in 2000, I decided that I wanted to go through YogaMotion teacher training with Nancy Ruby. At the time, I was very clear that I was not going to teach. I wanted to explore the bigger picture of Yoga and my heart told me YogaMotion was the place. My soul was yearning for something and it found a home with yoga.
Once I began the training I’ve never looked back. I did decide to teach but it’s from the personal transformation side of things that I share this blog.
When I began, I had no idea where the teacher training would take me and the growth that would occur. You may have heard that yoga is so much more than the poses and it is. But what does that mean for personal growth and transformation?
Why go through a Yoga teacher training if you don’t plan on teaching? Here is why:
- I let go of being so intense all the time. I am still motivated and an achiever, but I no longer run around exhausting myself with a never-ending to-do list. I have found balance in my life with all that I do, who I am and why I’m here. Yoga has and continues to help me with this.
- For the first time in my life I truly believe in myself. I struggled my whole life with low self-esteem. My confidence and self-worth grew daily throughout the training and continues today.
- As I began to find my worth, I also began to take a deep hard look at my life. I found what feeds my soul, what’s truly important to me and let the rest go. Yoga still supports me whenever I am questioning my life.
- Yoga has helped me to find my purpose. As I began to understand myself better, I gained clarity on my life’s purpose. How it looks shifts but the essence is always there. Yoga gave me that and continues to give.
- I have a deep trust of life that I never had before. I rarely go into fear and doubt anymore. I trust things will turn out fine. Even if it means it looks different than I had imagined doesn’t mean it’s bad. It’s just different. The teachings of Yoga remind me of this everyday.
As I look back at my life and all that has transpired, I have YMWA to thank for that. Going through the teacher training has provided all the tools I need for an amazing life. I decided to teach after all and now have the honor to support others through their training. I see how incredibly transformative it is for them whether or not they ever decide to teach.
I am happier than I’ve ever been. I am blessed to do what I love each and every day and to create a positive impact in this world.
I hope that if you are on the fence or wondering whether Yoga Teacher training is for you or not this might change your mind.
Are you ready to do something special for yourself? The next YogaMotion RYS200 training starts October 23. Apply here >>
With love and joy,